(Update) Bhim App Launched- How To Use For Cashless Transactions [Full Guide]
Bhim App, Bhim App download. The beauty of this app is in its simplicity. Bhim App is launched by our Honorable Prime Minister- Shri Narendra Modi. Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) is an initiative to enable fast, secure, reliable cashless payments through your mobile phone based on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI). It is developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). Bhim is made in India and is also supposed to support Aadhaar-based payments, where transactions will be possible just with a fingerprint impression, but that facility is yet to roll out. How to download bhim app and how to use? Just follow below steps.
Features of Bhim App
- It is based upon UPI (Unified Payments Interface) thus, you can send or transfer money to any bank account instantly!
- There’s no time limit, you can send or receive your money Anytime, Anywhere 24 x 7.
- Besides, this you can also use QR code to scan to pay or receive money.
- All the money you accept by BHIM App will be instantly transferred to your Bank account.
- By default, Your mobile number is your payment address (For example, 9******@upi). You can also add second address,steps are given below.
How To Download & Register on Bhim App?
- First of all, Download Bhim App From Here – Android
- Install & Open.
- Choose Your Language (Currently Supports Hindi & English)
- Click on next 2 times and then click on Let’s Get Started
- Choose your Sim Card from which you want to verify and click on next.
- Register Passcode (You can choose any passcode which you like for transactions or login in future)
- Select your Bank and choose your Bank Account.
- Bingo!!! You have successfully registered to Bhim App.
Bhim App New Update V1.2
- New Languages Supported: Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Oriya, Tamil, Telugu
- Improved privacy settings with an option to disable mobile-number@upi
- Mobile registration retry through OTP / USSD
- Change SIM for dual-SIM phones
- Restore forgotten passcode
- Report issues to banks and view the status of resolution
- Reverse a payment received
How To Receive Money In Bhim App?
There are 3 very simple methods to receive money. I’m explaining all three.
- First, Tell Your friend/customer to send you money -Your Mobile Number is your Payment address, such as 9813******@upi or you can create a new one such as hexcode@upi.
- Second, Click on Request >>Verify Contact>>Enter amount to request and ask your friend to send money.
- Third, Click on Request >> Click on QR Icon (Right Upper Corner) >> Enter Amount and Remarks and ask your friend/customer to send money by going to Scan & Pay Option (You will find it at Homepage of App)
Also See – Latest Freecharge Coupons
How To Send Money in Bhim App?
There are 2 simple methods to send money.
- First, Open Bhim App and Click on Send >> Enter Payment Address >> Verify Contact >>Enter Amount and Remarks and Send.
- Second, Click on Scan & Pay >> Scan QR Code (Which you generated above in 3rd step ) of your friend/customer and Pay.
Also See- Latest Uber Promo Codes
How To Create Second UPI Payment Address?
Bhim app has another feature of changing payment address so that you can receive money from someone without disclosing your mobile number.
- Open App and Click on Profile
- You will see your QR code, your payment address (for example 9*********@upi) and at last, Add Payment Address
- Click on Add Payment Address and Enter address which you want.
- Now click on Confirm Payment Address.
- That’s it.
Supported Bank List in Bhim App
Allahabad Bank, Andhra Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Canara Bank, Catholic Syrian Bank, Central Bank of India, DCB Bank, Dena Bank, Federal Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank, IDFC Bank, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, IndusInd Bank, Karnataka Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Punjab National Bank, RBL Bank, South Indian Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, State Bank of India, Syndicate Bank, Union Bank of India, United Bank of India, Vijaya Bank.
Benefits of Bhim App
The beauty of this app is in its simplicity. There are very simple ways to send/receive money. One of the biggest reasons of introducing the Bhim App is to encourage the merchants to receive payments through digital modes. The app would eliminate the long waiting period, transaction fee or charges, and hassle of getting a PoS (Point of Sale) machines. Merchants know very well what is the cost of charging 2% for each transaction & Rs 400 for Swiping machine rent. Its really costly for Small shops & merchants.
Amount Transfer Limits
- Per Transaction Limit-10,000 Rs
- Per Day limit – 20,000 Rs
All UPI-connected banks accept BHIM – this includes all major Indian banks including SBI, ICICI, Axis, and HDFC. Even banks not connected to UPI can receive money through BHIM through IFSC, an 11-digit code assigned to every bank branch by the Reserve Bank of India.
Do you need to Add Money in Bhim Before Transaction?
Absolutely not. Bhim App is based on UPI. It directly send or receive money in bank account via IMPS.
Can we use Bhim App Without Smartphone?
Yes, even without a smartphone, anyone can use BHIM to make payments.You need to dial *99# from any kind of mobile phone, and this will show a menu – by typing in different numbers you can choose to send money, check your balance, or see transaction history.
To send money, for example, you’d type ‘1’ and hit send, then type ‘1’ again to select mobile number. Next, you’d type in the number and the amount, and then a PIN that can be generated using BHIM. This will work on any phone – even Rs 1,000 feature phones – without an Internet connection.
Some other Important Benefits of Bhim App
- The BHIM App can be used to send and receive money through smartphones. Money can also be sent to non UPI supported banks. Bank balance can also be checked through the BHIM App. Currently Hindi and English are supported in the BHIM App, with more languages coming soon. You can check your bank balance and transactions details on the go.
- Shopkeepers can use the BHIM app and receive money from a smartphone, or if the customer has linked a bank account and her Aadhaar ID, then the merchant can use Aadhaar Pay, an app that was soft-launched days ago. For this, the merchant has to have a smartphone (even a basic Android phone will do) and a Rs. 2,000 fingerprint reader. This is currently being distributed free in Aadhaar Payments pilot projects around the country.
- On the shopkeeper’s phone, the customer types in her Aadhaar number and chooses her bank. Then, the shopkeeper uses the fingerprint reader for instant confirmation to complete the payment. The customer don’t need to carry her Aadhar card, or use a phone, only the merchant needs these.
If you have any better information about Bhim App or if you wanna ask something , You can ask us below in comments 🙂
Don’t forget to vote this post by clicking on thumb icons and Share it with your friends & family by social sharing icons below.